Recycling is a core strategy of the States and there are collection points in the Parish at the Parish Depot; Les Landes School and Jersey Hospice Shop for selected items (St Ouen recycling sites)
There are other collection sites around the island including for green waste and for liquids such as cooking oil, paint etc. (recycling sites for other items)
Household Refuse is collected weekly.
- store household refuse in suitable bins or receptacles
- keep all glass separate from household waste – it is collected once a month
- rinse glass jars and bottles and remove the lids; glass that is not properly sorted and cleaned may not be collected.
- use plastic sacks or boxes (refuse spread by scavenging birds and rodents is your responsibility; your refuse collector may refuse to collect plastic sacks)
- put liquids such as cooking oil, paint etc. in your household refuse (these can leak onto the road and cause dangerous conditions for road users)
- put out garden refuse - it will not be collected
- mix glass with household refuse
- mix the following with glass jars and bottles -
- metals, ceramics or sharps
- carrier bags or other household refuse
- fluorescent tubes, sodium lamps and UV lamps (these should be taken to
Bellozanne for specialist disposal)
- window frames, rubber seals and metal fixings
Household refuse is collected once a week. Depending on the area this may be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of each week.
Glass is collected once a month on the following rota.
Monday refuse collection - glass collection on first Friday of the month
Tuesday refuse collection - glass collection on second Friday of the month
Wednesday refuse collection - glass collection on third Friday of the month
Thursday refuse collection - glass collection on fourth Friday of the month
Should you have any further queries regarding the refuse or glass collections, please contact the Parish Hall on Tel: 481619 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.