|14/12/2018||A quick and easy process...|
|14/12/2018||And glass recycling dates for 2019|
Tuesday 25/12/2018 Commercial Glass
Collecting on Monday 31/12/2018
Wednesday 26/12/2018 Refuse
Collecting as normal
Tuesday 01/01/2019 Commercial Glass
Collecting Monday 31/12/2018
Wednesday 02/01/2018 Refuse
Collecting as normal
Glass and Recycling 2019
|06/12/2018||Thursday. 13th December 2018 8.00PM|
Paroisse de Ste Marie
Notice is hereby given that an Assembly of the Principals and Electors of the Parish of St Mary will be held at St Mary's Parish Hall on Thursday 13th December 2018 at 8.00 pm to conduct the following business:
- Receive and if approved, adopt the Minutes of the Parish Assembly held on Thursday 20th September 2018
- Receive and if approved, adopt the Minutes of the Electoral Assemblies held on Thursday 16th August 2018
- In accordance with Article 32 of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 to elect two Rates Assessors to fill vacancies on the Rates Assessment Committee due to arise on 1st January 2019 for a term of 3 years.
|27/11/2018||A message to all those who helped...|
THANK YOU to all who have contributed to Mustard Seed Jersey's Christmas shoebox appeal. So many people and organisations have helped us in so many ways (with discount, donations of goods and money as well as shoeboxes, space, fuel, hours and hours of time ..... ) and we want to thank you all.
The end result is 3074 Christmas shoeboxes - mainly for children with nearly a third for needy adults. It is approx 600 less than last year but to our delight we have been able to supply sufficient in the various age groups to meet the priority needs of the poorest and neediest on our assistance programmes in Romania.
The shoeboxes should arrive in Romania in good time for volunteers from Jersey to distribute them. The volunteers should also have the opportunity to give out bread, food parcels, blankets etc all made possible by the generosity of the Island of Jersey.
So to everyone who has helped and supported in anyway, we say a very big thank you, because without your help Christmas for 3074 people would not have as much hope and joy as you have made possible.
To hear about the distribution soon after it happens, do keep an eye on our Facebook page especially from December 11th when we should be in Romania.
|27/11/2018||Christmas Vouchers 2018- Important information!|
The Sir David Kirch Charitable Trust
Christmas vouchers 2018
PLEASE NOTE vouchers are NOT being distributed through the parish.
Vouchers will be sent by post to those aged 65+ who meet one of the following criteria:
- a participant on an Income Support claim
- a member of the Pension Plus scheme
- in receipt of means tested support for living costs in a
residential care placement under the Long Term Care scheme
If you have any queries please phone 445505,
email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Customer and Local Services, Philip Le Feuvre House, La Motte Street, St Helier.
Enormous thanks to all those who supported our recent Poppy Appeal cake Sale and Coffee Morning. We raised a record breaking £652.20.
|25/09/2018||Recommendations to avoid delays|
Does your Driving Licence expire soon?
How long have you been driving?
Have you held a Jersey driving licence since at least 1994?
If so, you could be one of the 30,000 in Jersey whose driving licence is due to expire between October 2018 and February 2019.
This "bulk renewal" is a remnant from when all driving licences expired at the same date. It happens every 10 years and still affects 1 in 3 of us who hold a Jersey driving licence.
The expiry date is shown in column 11 on the reverse of the licence. Do check the date for each category of vehicle as the dates may vary.
All applications will be dealt with in the date order received. You can only apply to renew your driving licence in the 3 months before the expiry date.
To avoid a delay in receiving your new licence, we recommend you apply as follows –
Licence expiry date Submit your application to renew
Expiry in January 1-9, 2019 Renew in October 1-15, 2018
Expiry in January 10-16, 2019 Renew in October 16-30, 2018
Expiry in January 17-25, 2019 Renew in November 1-15, 2018
Expiry in January 26-31, 2019 Renew in November 16-30, 2018
Expiry in February 2019 Renew in December - February 2019
Applications can be made online through the parish websites (parish.gov.je 'Do It Online') or by completing the paper application form available from your Parish Hall.
You will need the following to make an application –
- One photograph taken in the last 6 months which meets the criteria (as with a passport style)
- Payment of £50 for a 10-year licence
- If your name has changed since your last licence was issued (for example marriage, etc.) then you must submit the relevant documents (in this case a marriage certificate)
So, make a note on your calendar and submit your application in good time to avoid a delay in the issue of your new licence.
Remember that you must not drive if your licence has expired. Your vehicle insurance may also be invalid if you drive on an expired licence.
Please ensure all glass left for the usual monthly collection is clean. Failure to do so will result in glass not being collected for offending households. Many thanks
|18/09/2018||Thursday 20th September 2018 8p.m.|
Notice is hereby given that an Assembly of Principals and Electors of the Parish of St Mary will be held in the Parish Hall at 8 p.m. on Thursday 20th September 2018 to conduct the following business.
- To receive and, if deemed advisable, approve the minutes of the Parish Assembly held on 16th August 2018.
- To receive and, if deemed advisable, adopt the accounts of the Connétable for the financial year 1st May 2017 to 30th April 2018, the said accounts having been previously audited by the Parish Accountants and examined by the Committee appointed for that purpose.
- To receive and, if deemed advisable, approve the Connétable's Estimates for the financial year 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019, including grants to various charities and organisations.
- Having approved the Estimates, to tax the rate accordingly and order that it be levied.
- To name a Committee to examine the accounts of the Connétable for the financial year 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019.
- To appoint an auditor to examine the accounts for the final year 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019.
John Le Bailly
Connétable 14th September 2018
|12/09/2018||Effective 19th September|
Please note that with effect from Wednesday 19th September, the Parish Office will be open from 5pm-7pm each week. We look forward to seeing you!
|10/08/2018||Thursday 16th August 8pm|
Paroisse de Ste Marie
Nomination meetings will be held on Thursday 16th August at St Marys Parish Hall -
- at 8pm to elect one Procureur du Bien Public for a 3 year term of office expiring September 2021
- at 8.15pm to elect one Centenier for a 3 year term of office expiring September 2021
All electors are welcome to attend.
A nomination form for each candidate for election must be produced to the meeting and must be completed by a proposer and 9 seconders who are electors in the parish.
In each election:
- if there are more candidates than vacancies, a poll will be held on Wednesday 12 September 2018
- if there are not more candidates than vacancies, any duly nominated candidate will be declared elected at the nomination meeting
To vote in this election you must have registered by midday on Wednesday 15th August 2018.
John Le Bailly
9th August 2018
|10/08/2018||Thursday 16th August 8.30pm|
Paroisse de Ste Marie
Notice is hereby given that an Assembly of the Principals and Electors of the Parish of St Mary will be held at St Mary's Parish Hall on Thursday 16th August 2018 at 8.30 pm to conduct the following business:
- Receive and if approved, adopt the Minutes of the Parish Assembly held on Thursday 5th July 2018 and Electoral Assemblies held on 11th April 2018
- Elect Constable's Officers, for the Vingtaine du Sud, the term of Ms Heppolette, Mr Le Cornu and Mr Alcock shortly to expire 4th Sept and 18th September and to fill existing vacancies.
- To appoint Auditors to Audit the 2018 Parish Accounts for the year ending 30th April 2018
John Le Bailly
9th August 2018
Please be advised that the parish office will be closed Thursday 19th, Friday 20th, Monday 23rd July due to staff holidays. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.
Do you shop at the CO-OP? If you are not collecting Goodness Gang toys for yourself or your family please consider accepting the stickers (or buying the toys) and dropping them into St Mary's parish hall for use by mustard seed to buy toys for Christmas shoe boxes. Any donations gratefully received. Thank you
|06/07/2018||Found Rue du Rondin Area|
A large bunch of Keys with an Australian themed key ring has be handed in at the parish hall. They were found in the area of Rue du Rondin and can be collected from the Parish Office between 9am-1pm Monday - Friday
|04/07/2018||Thursday 5th July, 8pm|
Paroisse de Ste. Marie
Notice is hereby given that an Assembly of the Principals and Electors of the Parish of St Mary will be held at St Mary's Parish Hall on Thursday 5th July 2018 at 8 pm to conduct the following business:
- Receive and if approved, adopt the Minutes of the Parish Assembly held on 22nd March 2018
- To Appoint Auditors to audit the 2018 Parish Accounts due to the retirement of the previous auditor.
John Le Bailly
The Parish of St Mary is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and organised individual to fill the position of Parish Secretary.
The role of the Secretary involves:-
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Connètable
- Overseeing the running of the Parish Office
- Supervising a small team
- Implement and steer new procedures and systems as and when they are introduced
The position is part-time, 20 hours per week. The successful applicant will require a sound knowledge of Microsoft applications, possess excellent people skills and be adaptable to change as new procedures and laws are introduced. Experience in the various Parish systems would be advantageous.
Applications should be made in writing, enclosing a full CV and marked PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL to: The Connètable, The Parish Hall, La Rue du Pont, St Mary, JE3 3AS
A job description is available by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for application is 10th July 2018
|11/06/2018||Parish event CANCELLED|
Due to unforseen circumstances, the St Mary's Hoedown has been cancelled
|04/06/2018||5th July 2018|
Branchage literally means 'branches'. The branchage refers to the law which ensures that any vegetation growth that overhangs roads and footpaths is cut back. This includes hedges, branches, trees, shrubs, grass and flowers etc.
By having the branchage trimmed, these areas are safer for drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and anyone else who uses them.
If you occupy any land bordering public roads and footpaths, the 'branchage law' states that you must have the branchage cut to certain specifications on these areas of your property.
You must make sure:
- there is a clearance of 12 feet over main roads and by-roads
- there is a clearance of 8 feet over footpaths
- that you clear all trimmings from the road / footpath etc afterwards
Branchage must be cut to these specifications year-round so that roads and pavements are as safe as possible. However, twice a year the branchage in every parish is inspected. These inspections are called the Visites du Branchage.
The first Visites du Branchage takes place for two weeks from 27 June, and the second one is during the first two weeks of September in each parish.
Details of exact dates and other information are published in the gazette section of the Jersey Evening Post.
The Visites du Branchage
The visites, made up of the parish Connétable, Vingteniers, Centeniers and members of the Roads Committee, check that land occupiers have completed the branchage in accordance with the law.
The branchage must be carried out by (or on behalf of) anyone occupying land that borders public roads or footpaths. The landlord or land owner is not responsible if the land is rented. The branchage is the responsibility solely of the occupier.
If the branchage is not completed, you may be fined and / or the parish may arrange for the work to be done and for you to be charged for it. You can be fined at any time of the year.
The National Trust for Jersey provides advice about good hedgerow and habitat management. They suggest that you:
- cut with hand tools when possible
- allow plants to set seed if they're not overhanging
- leave tussocks of vegetation for insects
- never carrying out heavy hedge work during the bird breeding season (1 March to 31 July)
- never cut so much that bare soil is exposed
- never cut rare or endangered plants
- never routinely using chemicals
Any advice provided by the National Trust does not guarantee that the branchage has been cut to the parish’s required standard. You could still be fined if any growth overhangs the road / footpath.
|30/05/2018||Due to a staff meeting, the Parish Hall Office will open at 10am June 1st|
|15/05/2018||16th May, 17th May|
Please note that the Parish Hall will be the St Mary polling Station on 16th May so will therefore not be open for normal business. We shall also be closed for business 17th May, re-opening 18th May at 9am as usual.
Mont de la Barcelone Road Closure
We are pleased to advise that works to re-instate Mont de la Barcelone in Mourier Valley are now underway.
This does however mean that for safety reasons, the road closure will be strictly enforced for all road users, including for pedestrians, cyclists and horseriders, for the duration of the works.
There is a pedestrian footpath available nearby, Le Petit Côte pathway but other road users will need to find an alternative route for the time being.
We will provide an update shortly, regarding a timescale for the work.
|08/05/2018||Collection will be as normal|
The Parish of St Mary grew 42 Jersey Royals tubers in a single bucket in the 2018 Inter-parish competition taking the title of WINNER once again!!!!
|01/05/2018||You are not too late!|
Not too late to get on the supplementary electoral register and vote in the elections on May 16th. You can do it online -
Full details at vote.je
|30/04/2018||4th May 2018, 7.30pm|
PAROISSE DE STE. MARIE
An assembly of Principals, Officers and Electors of the Parish of St Mary
will be held in the Parish Hall on Friday 04 May 2018 at 7.30pm to:
Receive and if approved, adopt the Minutes of the previous Assembly held on Tuesday 23 May 2017
- Approve, if deemed advisable, the Churchwardens' Accounts for the year 2017-18, previously examined by the Committee appointed for the purpose.
- Elect Church Officers for the year 2018- 2019
- Elect a Committee to examine the Churchwardens' Accounts for the year 2018 - 2019
- Conduct the sale of Froments
Very Rev'd M Keirle
25th April 2018
|23/04/2018||St Mary's Youth and Management Committee|
Want to get involved in a voluntary community activity but have limited time available?
The Y&CC Management Committee are desperately seeking a Secretary to meet the terms of their constitution.
There is one Committee meeting a month and a small amount of routine correspondence. There is a possiblity to appoint an assistant secretary as well to share duties.
|20/04/2018||18th Aug - Family Friendly Fun - details to follow shortly|
|12/04/2018||Questionnaire closes 22/4/18|
Questionnaires are available at the Parish hall
|12/04/2018||Names of Candidates|
Further to the St Mary Assembly of Electors held on Wednesday 11th April, The names of candidates after nomination are as follows:
John Le Bailly
Please visit www.vote.je for all information about how to vote in the election on May 16th 2018.