PAROISSE DE ST BRÉLADE
In accordance with Article 19 of the Public Elections (Jersey) Law, A Parish of St Brélade nomination meeting will be held at St Brélade's Parish Hall on Tuesday 17 November 2020 at 7.00 pm for the following business:
To elect one Centenier to complete a term of office which expires in December 2023.
A nomination form for each candidate must be produced to the meeting and must be completed by a proposer and 9 seconders who are electors in the parish.
In this election:
If there are more candidates than vacancies, a poll will be held on Wednesday 9 December 2020. If there are not more candidates than vacancies any duly nominated candidate will be declared elected at the nomination meeting.
To vote in this election you must be registered by midday on the day before the nomination meeting.
An Assembly of the Principals and Electors of the Parish of St Brélade will be held at the Parish Hall, St Aubin, St Brélade on Tuesday 17 November 2020 at 7.20 pm for the following business:
- Approve and Adopt the Act of the Parish Assembly held on 27 October 2020 (note 1)
- In conformity with Article 32 of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005, as amended, elect one person to act as a member of the Rates Assessment Committee, for a term of three years, commencing 1 January 2021
- In accordance with Article 5 of the 'Loi (1914) Sur La Voirie' elect three principles residing in the Parish to act as members of the Roads Committee, for a term of three years commencing on 1 January 2021
- In conformity with Article 5 of the 'Loi (1914) Sur La Voirie' elect two Roads Inspectors for each of the Vingtaines, de Noirmont, du Coin, des Quennevais and de la Moye, for a term of three years commencing on 1 January 2021.
- To Consider, and if thought appropriate, approve the purchase of a vehicle for the roads and cemetery services at a cost of up to £30,000 from the Motor Vehicles Reserve Fund (note 2)
- In accordance with Article 3 (2) (b) of the Licensing (Jersey) Law, 1974 as amended, consider the following licensing application for recommendation to the licensing Assembly.
Name: Old Court House Inn
Category: 7th Category (Entertainment) Licence
Business Address: Le Boulevard
- Copies of the draft Act of the Assembly held on 27 October 2020 are available on the Parish Website or to collect from the Parish Hall during normal office hours
- The balance on the Motor Vehicle Reserve Funds was £82,000 as at 30 April 2020
Numbers permitted to attend are restricted by Government guidelines. The meeting will be streamed online , details to follow on our website.
Please note that I would be pleased to receive any comments on the agenda items by phone (Tel 741141), writing or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before noon on the day of the Assembly.
M K Jackson Parish Hall
Connétable 12 November 2020