|14/10/2021||Results of the Assembly held in Grouville Church|
|26/08/2021||Processing your International Driving Licences|
International Driving Permits (IDP) – for the latest version (August 2021) of the IDP application form please refer to our website Parishes - Licences (gov.je) .
If you're planning to travel, please allow 5 working days for us to process and issue your IDP.
|25/08/2021||Parish Meeting - The Quarry Planning Application|
|23/08/2021||Island Identity Consultation Information|
All Parishioners will have received their rates demand by post or email. These rates need to be paid by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, 2nd November, 2021 to avoid a 10% surcharge.
These can be paid by setting up a monthly Standing Order please telephone 852225 or email email@example.com for details. You can also pay by card over the telephone, or by cheque or cash at the Parish Hall.
The door is closed but we are always here Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Please knock or telephone for assistance.
|17/05/2021||WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT|
|13/05/2021||Contested Election Results|
|29/04/2021||STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE COMITÉ DES CHEFS DE POLICE|
|09/04/2021||Rest in Peace|
|08/04/2021||The Parish of Grouville Peacock|
Henry having his breakfast this morning outside the Parish Hall
|11/02/2021||Honorary Police Campaign|
|04/01/2021||Renewal of your Dog Licence for 2021|
Dog Licence Form.pdf
Please print off your 2021 Dog Licence Form. This can be completed and posted through our letterbox before 31.01.2021 with payment of £10 per dog. Any forms received after 31.01.2021 will be charged £20 late payment.
|24/12/2020||Christmas Lights Competition Results|
Please see our Grouville Facebook page for the winning photo.
|23/12/2020||Christmas Opening Hours|
The Administration Office is closed from 1.00 p.m. Thursday 24th December, 2020 until 8.00 a.m. Monday 4th January, 2021 when we will be back to deal with your queries remotely. Appointments can be made by email or telephone after this date. Any urgent matters relating to voluntary services or policing matters see the numbers below.
Parish Secretary 07797759133
Duty Centenier 07797710321
|08/12/2020||Refuse Collection over the Christmas and New Year Period|
Municipal Solution Providers
La Frambouaise Farm, Rue de la Blanche Pierre, St Lawrence, Jersey, JE3 1EX
T: 07797 733880 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARISH OF GROUVILLE CHRISTMAS 2020/21
REFUSE COLLECTION DATES
Refuse Collection December, 2020
Wednesday, 23rd December, 2020 collection as normal
Thursday, 24th December, 2020 collection as normal
Friday, 25th December 2020 will be collected on Tuesday, 29th December, 2020
Wednesday, 30th December, 2020 collection as normal
Thursday, 31st December, 2020 collection as normal
Refuse Collection January, 2021
Friday, 1st January, 2021 will be collected on Monday, 4th January, 2021
All other collections will be as normal
If coming to the Parish Hall to deliver your electoral form, please could you post this in our "new" electoral form post box which is situated in our entrance at the Parish Hall. There is no need to enter the building. If you do need to enter the building please be mindful that masks must be worn.
|23/10/2020||MASKS TO BE WORN|
As from Monday, 26th October, 2020 masks are to be worn inside the Parish Hall. If you attend the Parish Hall without a mask these can be purchased from the office for 50p.
|05/10/2020||Parish Rates Due By Tuesday, 10th November, 2020|
Any part of this year's rate not paid by 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday, 10th November, 2020 will be subject to a 10% surcharge.
|05/10/2020||Hiring of Grouville Parish Hall|
Please note that Grouville Parish Hall is currently unavailable for hire due to Covid-19.
This will be reviewed towards the end of the year.
|05/08/2020||Asian Hornet Advice|
|31/07/2020||Grouville Parish Assembly 5th August, 2020|
An assembly of the Principals and Electors of the Parish will be held in the Parish Hall on Wednesday the 5th August 2020 at 7.30pm for the following business;
1) Receive and if deemed advisable approve the Minutes of the Parish Assembly
held on Wednesday 20th May 2020.
2) Receive and if deemed advisable adopt the audited accounts of the Connétable for the financial year ended 30th April 2020. The said accounts having been examined and unanimously approved by the Committee named for that purpose.
3) To place at the disposal of the Roads Committee the amount required for the upkeep and maintenance of the byroads during the financial year 2020/2021.
4) Approve the estimates of the funds required by the Parish for the financial year ending the 30th April 2021.
5) Approve a rate of an amount that will produce for the Parish, income that is at least sufficient to satisfy the requirements as set out in the approved estimates.
6) Name a Comité to examine the accounts of the Connétable for the year ending 30th April 2021.
7) Approve, and if deemed advisable, make a donation to the Association of Jersey Charities funded from the General Accumulative Account.
8) To appoint auditors to audit the Connétables accounts for the Parish for the year ending 30th April 2021.
9) After agreeing to the funding for the purchase of land for a petanque pitch the Parishioners are invited to agree that the Parish enter into a contract with the owner of the piece of land adjacent to the Parish shed, and to authorise the Connétable and at least one Procureur to attend the Royal Court to register the contract.
10) The Parishioners are asked to agree that the Parish of Grouville enter into contracts
with the owners of fields 214, 215 & 213 in order to provide drainage for the road, Cache Des Pres, and further to instruct the Connétable and at least one Procureur to attend the Royal Court in order to register the said contracts.
EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS TO email@example.com OR TELEPHONE 852225 BETWEEN 8AM AND 4PM WEEKDAYS. DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID 19 PANDEMIC, NUMBERS ARE RESTRICTED FOR THE ASSEMBLY.
Parish Hall J.E. Le Maistre
30th July 2020 Connétable
Accounts 2020 Paroisse de Grouville 30072020.pdf preview.pdf
|22/07/2020||Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner ( JOIC) |
The Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) has seen an increase in enquiries to its office regarding the domestic use of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and is reminding Islanders CCTV should be used only as a last resort where other less intrusive approaches have failed or to address real and serious threats to individual health and safety or the protection of property.
If you have to use CCTV at home, follow the JOIC's top tips for best practice:
- Do you really need to use CCTV? Consider carefully the position of your cameras and why you are installing CCTV. Also consider what it is you are trying to capture or resolve.
- If your CCTV captures images of people outside the boundaries of your home, for example in neighbours' homes or gardens, shared spaces or on a public footpath or a street, then you will need to meet certain requirements of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
- If your CCTV does capture images of people outside the boundaries of your home, then you are required to put up a sign in the area of the camera(s). The sign must:
- Be clear, visible and readable.
- Contain details of the purpose of the surveillance and who to contact about the recording.
- Include contact details such as website address, telephone number or email address.
- If you have to use CCTV at home, preferably disable any audio facility.
- Remember, if your CCTV records only your property and your family, you do NOT need to comply with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 but if you install CCTV for other than a purely personal or domestic purpose (i.e. it captures images in public areas), you will be a data controller and will need to register with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner and comply with the law.
To view relevant JOIC guidance, click the following links:
CCTV at Home - https://www.jerseyoic.org/resource-room/surveillance-for-individuals/
CCTV in the Workplace - https://www.jerseyoic.org/resource-room/surveillance-for-organisations/
The JOIC team can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or call the JOIC office on 01534 716530.
|17/07/2020||Grouville Parish Officials Have Taken Part in Jersey's First Ever Branchage By Bike|
Twice a year Grouville Parish Officials check our roads to make sure they are kept clear from overhanging trees and foliage.
The first Branchage was held on Friday 3rd July but because of social distancing measures those taking part took to their bikes to get around.
We would like to thank Evie Bikes for all their help and assistance.
|25/06/2020||Important Parishioner Information - Opening Date 29th June, 2020|
Parish Hall Opening
The Parish Hall will be re-opening on 29 June 2020 for administrative services. I would like to assure Parishioners that the staff and I, continue to support you as we move through the Government's Safe Exit Framework.
Opening hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Closed Wednesday) 8am – 4pm.
Please note that the opening hours may be reviewed in order to ensure that the parish continues to comply with Government health guidelines.
We ask that all visitors to the Parish Hall;
- Only visit the Parish Hall if you are not displaying symptoms of Corona Virus
- Maintain physical distance between each other and follow the one-way system
- Please wait outside until you see the counter is free
- Use the hand sanitiser supplied before entering the building and bring your own mask if required
Thank you for your support whilst we operate during challenging times.
Out of Hours Service;
- The Emergency Liaison Officer 07797 759133
- Duty Centenier 07797 710321
All non-essential meetings in the Parish Hall are postponed until further notice.
JE Le Maistre
25 June 2020
We are pleased to annouce the winner of the "best decorated house/garden for Liberation 75" was Sharon Eddie with Bert and Mable's shenanigans in their garden. Sharon has kindly donated her £100 prize money to be put towards next year's parish celebrations. Thank you so much Sharon.
Thank you to everyone that entered the competition. The parish really did look extra special with so many flags and so much bunting.
|29/05/2020||2020 Grouville Rates Assessments|
Inspection of 2020 Rates List during coronavirus restrictions
The Parish of Grouville Rates List is available for inspection from Wednesday 3 June to Wednesday 17 June inclusive;
- through the parish website (https://services.parish.gov.je; use the three part code near the QR code on the paper Notice of Assessment or access from your digital Notice)
- at the Parish Hall (during coronavirus restrictions access is by appointment only; T: 01534 852225 for advice)
Members of the Assessment Committee will be available by telephone only to discuss any queries you may have (T: +44 (0) 1534 852225 by Tuesday 16 June to make an appointment).
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a Review of the rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rates List. An application for Review:
- must be made on the approved form (available from the Parish Hall or on https://parish.gov.je or Request a Review online)
- must state the name of other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters whichever is the greater)
- if requesting a review of the assessment of domestic / non domestic you must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before 17 June 2020 to the Assessment Committee at the Parish Hall.
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11 (4) of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the Rate List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Approved Rate List of the Parish of Grouville for 2020.
John Edward Le Maistre
29th May, 2020
|07/05/2020||A Reminder for Dog Owners|
Lockdown restrictions may have been relaxed but dog owners are reminded they still have a duty to pick up their dog's mess.
With more people likely to be out for a longer period each day the Connetables are asking dog owners to consider all other beach users.
Owners should ensure they keep their dog under control at all times and pick up their dog's mess.
Chairman of the Comité des Connétables, Deidre Mezbourian, said –
The Connétables wish to remind dog owners of the law and that they must pick up their dog's mess and dispose of it in a bin.
Connetables are receiving compaints about the condition of beaches and also parks, sand dunes and footpaths. The requirement to clean up after your dog applies to all public areas including roads and pavements.
It is an offence to dispose of plastic bags containing dog faeces other than in a waste receptacle and there are lots of bins around the island. If you can't find a bin then take the litter home with you – don't discard the bag in the hedge or trees.
A fine of up to £1,000 can be imposed on those who do not clean up after their dog.
|07/05/2020||A Parish Party With A Difference|
How about getting out in your [front] garden, yard or balcony on Saturday 9th May at 3pm? Prepare your own food, drinks, decorate your garden if you wish and celebrate with your neighbours. This would be a heart warming community event. We hope to wave from a distance and see you there.
Please note, we must strictly adhere to the social distancing rules in place at this time. WE MUST NOT venture into each other's gardens. The idea is that we can celebrate together but from the safety of our own properties. If you are chatting with neighbours over the wall please remember:
YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO SOCIAL DISTANCE FROM EACH OTHER.
To have a chance to win £100 prize simply decorate your garden, yard or balcony in a theme celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Liberation.
Take a good quality photo and email it to email@example.com by 16th May, 2020. Only one winner will be selected and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified by email reply. The winning entry will be published in the Parish Magazine and the Parish Facebook Page.
One prize of £100 will be given to the best entry. Prize kindly donated by the Parish of Grouville.
All Liberation photos will be saved for an exhibition at the Parish Hall later in the year.
|18/03/2020||Following the Government Guidelines please see the documentation offering advice to all. For further information please use the link to the Government Website which is shown below. This is updated on a regular basis.|
|18/03/2020||So that your Parish Hall staff are able to continue to deal with your requirements, the Connetable has had to take the decision to close the office to visitors from Friday, 20th March, 2020 until further notice.|
The staff will be here as normal and will be able to deal with any online applications e.g. driving licences, change of address etc. If you are not able to use the online services please contact us by telephone on 852225 and we can arrange to send out any necessary documents. For the time being we will not be accepting cash payments, so please contact us by telephone or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you of alternative payment methods.
If you need any help during this unsettling time please be assured we are here and we will do everything possible to help our Parishioners with their needs. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful group of community volunteers who will be assisting with your requirements.
In response to the ongoing situation with regard to Coronavirus, we want to reassure Parishioners that the Parish Hall are here to support you in any way we can. We are working hard to set-up extra community support volunteers but in the meantime please contact the Parish Hall on 852225 or email email@example.com if you have any queries or concerns. If you feel you are able to volunteer in any capacity over the coming weeks please contact the Parish Hall and leave your details and you will be contacted in due course. We have set up a Facebook page where you can keep up to date with parish information - Parish of Grouville Also follow us on Twitter - Parish of Grouville @PGrouville
At this challenging time we find Unity in our Community
|18/03/2020||UHT Milk for our Parishioners supplied by Jersey Dairy. Shopping Delivery and UK Pension Information|
If you are in need of UHT milk or food shopping and are isolated please contact the Parish Hall on 852225 to arrange delivery. If you have received a UK Pension Form that requires verification please contact 0191 218 77777 between 7.30 a.m. - 3.30 p.m. There is no need to come to the Parish Hall to have your form verified by the Constable. This can all be processed over the telephone by answering a few security questions.
|10/02/2020||Climate Change action plan|
|25/01/2020||All Annual Returns will be sent out on Friday 10th January 2020 for return by 25th January 2020.|
Please note all Returns to be returned by 25th January 2020.
Any queries please call the Parish Hall on 852225.